Friday, May 27, 2016

GJ - Day 4

This day, I was planning on being a little bit more conservative with my resources, and play at a faster, but smarter and more efficient manner. I am not planning on building a monolith this time, and focus more on getting colonists to do work and sustain the colony. 

This one I made a lot of progress in the second day, I had everything established, except for one mistake that otherwise I would have done really well in this world. I forgot to connect my mine to an electrical source, and forgot to change landing permissions. This caused me to not be able to get more resources to finish building everything queued up to be built. 

As you can see, after even the fourth day, I had forgotten to connect my mine. But i recycled some stuff for resources so I can get more power. And still didn't change my landing permissions, so I only got trading ships because colonist ships were turned off. And my biologists didn't seem to want to work in the biodome very much. I don't know why, they just didn't want to, which is kind of infuriating. 

After the seventh day, I learned that the reason my mine wasn't working was because I didn't have power hooked up to it. (Thanks Caleb for telling me) And so i had resources to build another power source so I wouldn't run out of power, and get power issues. But, I still had a lack of food. And because of that, some colonists started dying of starvation. most of which were workers, so I couldn't mine because my workers were dying, and I couldn't get more, because of my issues with landing permissions. I was still confused on why everything was failing. Sadly, I lost all of my colonists on this day, so I just quit on that day.  My issue here was still being careless with resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment