Friday, May 27, 2016

GJ - Day 3

Today, I started my Planet base. My goals were to get the anti Meteor Laser and to Sustain My colony and invite more colonists. Both of Which failed miserably after the 9th Night. It Was going well until the 13th Night.

Day 2 (Night 1)
On my second Day, I had the bare essentials for the first day or so. Some energy sources and storage. And a place to eat your food and drink water. 

Day 3 (Night 2)
After the Second Night, I had a dorm room, a place to grow food, and a place to mine and a place to process raw materials.  I thought I was going at a good pace, and that I had this planet base thing in the bag. Little did I know, things can get crazy in a matter of seconds. My whole plan here was to go at it with an aggressive attitude, thinking it would be as simple as the tutorial, but that was a terrible mistake. 


After the fifth night, I had a monolith, and a telescope. Both of which were terrible mistakes to make. The monolith took a lot of metal to make, and I didn't even have anybody to operate the telescope. My colony was pretty stable until after that, I started using more power than I had and I couldn't keep up because I forgot I could have recycled the monolith for metal to make more windmills. Which is what gave me an untimely failure. 
Here you can see my final set up after my failure, and I had very little colonists to do work, and they were unable to operate the food pads, so they would have starved to death if I didn't just quit early. From this experience, I was able to tell that you must do everything right, otherwise you will pay the ultimate price, in this case, aggravation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment